How to apply

We know that the decision to join the Fairway community is a life-changing decision.

A decision only reached after much deliberation, research and consultation. Our commitment to you extends beyond quality of care to your overall wellbeing. We offer a vibrant, safe living environment that allows you to continue living as you choose, with a little bit of extra help.
To start the application process for Fairway Bayside Residential Aged Care – please complete the three-step application process below.


ACAT Assessment

The Government’s Aged Care Assessment determines suitability for government-subsidised residential aged care homes. This assessment is conducted by ACAT teams.

You can ask your GP to help you arrange an assessment, or you may book one via telephone on 1800 200 422 or online at

Assessments may take several weeks to be finalised, so we encourage you to allow enough time to organise this. An ACAT assessment with care approval is required for entry into Fairway Bayside Aged Care’s permanent residential care.


Income and assets assessment

The government requires a contribution be made towards care provided from those who can afford to do so, and will provide a subsidy for eligible residents applying for financially supported permanent residential care. What you will be asked to pay will depend on your own financial situation.

Prospective residents are encouraged to complete and submit Residential Aged Care – Calculation of your cost of care form (SA457) to assess for their applicable Means Tested Care Fee or their eligibility for a Government subsidy of fees.

The completion of this form is not mandatory, however, if you choose not to do so you will not be eligible for Australian Government assistance towards your accommodation costs, and will be charged the maximum Means Tested Care Fee until you reach your annual or life.


Application Forms

Submitting your application is easy.
Application forms are available by downloading below, or directly from Fairway Bayside Aged Care Reception.

Email or call (03) 9599 4199.

Get in touch

Submit your enquiry we will respond within two business days.

If you are requesting specific documents, you may also contact the Administration Officer on (03) 9599 4199.

195 Bluff Rd
Sandringham VIC 3191
(03) 9599 4199

If you have a complaint, compliment, or comment, please send an email to