Volunteers help make Fairway the warm and welcoming place it is.
Our volunteers are highly respected and valued by staff, families and residents and become a part of the Fairway family.
The diversity of your experiences helps enrich the lively community and make an obvious difference to our residents and clients.
You will meet and work with a wide range of people and participate in a variety of services and activities. You share your skills and learn new ones, meet like-minded people and become part of a community.
We always welcome enthusiastic, passionate and committed volunteers to share their talents. Experience is not necessary and likely activities include;
Cycling Without Age, gardening, cooking, fundraising, card games, games and other activities, accompanying residents on outings, 1:1 visits in residents’ rooms, assisting residents 1:1 with bingo, accompany staff and residents on walks, helping with BBQs.
Expressions of interest
Looking for a rewarding career?
Fairway is a not-for-profit community-based residential aged care provider in the Bayside suburb of Sandringham. You will work alongside a dedicated team of over 100 staff and provide high quality care and support to our residents who are the centre of everything we do.
You will play a critical role in supporting our residents and their families therefore we are looking for someone who is a caring and kind person and enjoys helping others.
The benefits of Working at Fairway include
- Above award wages
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging of up to $15,900.
- We believe in supporting our staff to continually develop and be equipped with the skills they need to provide the highest quality of care and services to our residents. We will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling to name a few.
- We provide well-being through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Applicants must be willing to undertake a flu and COVID-19 vaccination
- Fairway is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion, and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.