The daily services at Fairway are of the highest possible standard, but sometimes you need a little more.
For an extra charge, we can offer the following ‘enriched living’ experience:
– Breakfast trays to rooms.
– Fresh bakery items for morning and afternoon tea, baked in house.
– Red or white wines or beer with lunch and dinner.
– Champagne and chicken lunches.
– Weekly happy hour with guests welcome.
– High tea to enjoy with other residents.
and activity services
In addition to our comprehensive daily leisure and lifestyle program, we offer:
– Bus outings to places of interest (entry fees and lunches will incur extra charges).
– Regular visits from professional musicians and singers.
– Regular “Written Words for Wellness” book group facilitated by trained bibliographer.
– Extra exercise and tai chi program facilitated by Fairway’s physiotherapy professionals.
– Indoor golf, quizzes and trivia for social, physical and cognitive wellbeing.
– Local kindergarten visits and Inter-generational programs.
– Community visitors and volunteer programs.
– Friendship group.
– Joy filled visits from groups of local children.
– 2 poodles always there during the day and other regular animal visitors.
Medical and Nursing
All residents have health issues, either physical, cognitive or a combination of both.
Clinical issues are of vital concern and all residents are closely monitored. The resident’s GP oversees all medical orders in collaboration with nursing staff. Direct care is provided by nurses and personal carers over the 24 hour continuum. Medications, wound care, observations, treatments and nursing interventions are managed with expertise and confidence.
The difference between existing and truly living is the attention paid to the social, spiritual, emotional and intellectual needs of people.
Loneliness and isolation are banished once entering Fairway, with a huge range of social and creative interests to become involved in. Choice is the thing and there are outlets for all personality types from those who enjoy reading and passive interests through to those who relish outings on the bus or “Cycling Without Age” by the beach.
Café Frida is a colourful and vibrant part of the Fairway community. It is a cheerful and positive addition to our unique services. Residents and their families can relax and enjoy delicious snacks baked in-house, barista-style coffee and other beverages. Café Frida’s colourful décor is welcoming and joyful. A convivial place for lively conversation and good company, it provides another opportunity for friendly social interaction.
We approach the transition to palliative care with sensitivity, treating you with dignity and respect at all times.
The palliative care journey is most successful when embarked upon with full trust and excellent communication. We will listen to your wishes and include your family and supporters at every opportunity.
Innovative Dementia Living
Our home-like dementia living area is a safe, calm and secure space, set within beautiful surroundings. It’s a place full of life and optimism, where music and art therapy allow residents to express themselves and activities and entertainment are thoughtfully considered and contribute to the residents’ quality of life. A recreated 1950s kitchen offers a unique kind of reminiscence therapy for residents, transporting them often to some of their happiest moments.